Wednesday 26 November 2008

Krishna Thapa Magar

While staying in Kathmandu after the trek I met Krishna when I did buy him some essential food for the monastery he was staying at that time. He did also ask me if I would consider supporting him at school as his parents who stay in the Everest Region (Deurali Ward No 07) with a younger sister, Nirmala and a younger brother, Arjun, could not afford to pay for him to go to school. We did swap e-mail addresses and I said I would consider his request which of course I did and made contact with Siddhartha Academy and I was fortunate to have communication with Himal Tamang who is a teacher at the Academy and handles all the financial activities there.

I made a decision to support Krishna with his schooling due to his enthusiasm and zest to learn and to try to do the best to secure him employment at the end of the two year course. All I asked was that he did try his very best and this he is doing and doing it well. “He is active, polite and honest boy and a good student.”

Krishna’s course is on Hotel Management, Accountancy, Nepali, English and Economics. He wants to be involved with Nepal’s large tourist industry and sees himself being a hotel manager. He is interested in the internet, computers, geography and collecting coins and stamps.

It was a small thank you from me to Nepal and its lovely people for such a great and treasured time in their very special country. I wish Krishna every success in all that he does.
5th June 2008.

No comments:

Asturian House

Remote Emergancy Care

Henry Garcia Tours Madeira

Henry Garcia Tours Madeira
Henry at your Service

Homestay at Evans Bay New Zealand

Rachid Imerhane

Rachid Imerhane
Guide & Organizer of Treks - Mountain - Coast - Desert & Imperial Cities http://www.atlas-morocco.com

Clashview Kinlochbervie

Clashview Kinlochbervie
Clashview Kinlochbervie

Inchardview

Inchardview
Inchardview

TREKKING ENCOUNTERS

TREKKING ENCOUNTERS
FOR SUSTAINABLE ECO-TOURISM

Bayhead Self Catering, Isle of Harris

Bayhead Self Catering, Isle of Harris
Delightful

http://www.documentdirect.co.uk

http://www.pacerpole.com

http://www.stridingahead.co.uk