Fifty nine kind people/associations made donations to the charities I was supporting and with tax claw back a total of £5,110 was raised and each charity benefited from £1,000+ being given to each of them.
· CLIC Sargent. Is the UK’s leading children’s cancer charity providing the widest range of care and services for children and young people with cancer – and their families.
· Claire House Children’s Hospice, Bebington, Wirral. Caring for children 0-23 years with life threatening or life limiting conditions and their families from Merseyside, Cheshire, North Wales and the Isle of Man.
· The Water Adventure Centre, Droylsden, Manchester. Founded in 1977 it is a charity combining youth work with canoeing, whilst encouraging children and young people to take responsibility for themselves, others and the environment.
· Mountain Rescue- England and Wales. It is totally run by 100% volunteers. You never know when you might need rescue when walking.
· One of the many kind people who supported my Charities was Ellen Cameron-Flowers and along with her husband Alan they very kindly donated £200 (£100 each) and Ellen did want these monies to go to Scottish Mountain Rescue – Assynt Mountain Rescue Team
· A further £110 went to Scottish Mountain Rescue – Glencoe Rescue Team
They were all appreciative and have thanked me for the funds they received.
24th July 2008.